Sunday, August 1, 2010

Enduring Ephemera

Last year, I purchased a bag of vintage tags and labels at the Queensville Antique Mall. There are multiples of many of them, yet I still use colour photocopies of them for projects. As I mentioned before, I hate using the real thing. I really must get over that. To get up close and personal, click on each photo:


I especially like the Foreign Cheques/Money Orders tags from Canadian National Express, where "Telegraph and cable transfers [are] sold at lowest rates", and the Customs Declaration tags. One side of the Railway Express tag has a printed date of "193__".


Vintage Tags




I have about 45 of the Prestige Hardware price tags (below, far left). According to the Internet, there's a business in the U.K. with the same name, but it's only a few years old. Many of the other tags in this batch are Canadian, so this particular Prestige Hardware may have been a located here.


Vintage Labels Tags




I can't find any information about the Cranley Book of Gummed Labels, but "British Manufacture" is written on the bottom of the front cover, and the package comes "with a piece of blotting paper". Neat.


Vintage Mailing Labels
Vintage Mailing Labels




Lots of blank tags were included -- these probably date from the 60's.


Blank Vintage Tags

There is a price sticker (just 10 cents) on the package of Dennison Handy Tags from a Canadian pharmacy called Koffler's Drugs. In 1962, it was renamed Shopper's Drug Mart (a huge chain in Canada, today).


Vintage Dennison Tags Koffler's Drugs


No comments:

Post a Comment