Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Touch of Grey


Years go, when my dining room was painted grey, and matching the colour-scheme was important to me, finding a tablecloth with grey in it was a bonus.





Harmony House Vintage Tablecloth
This lovely, heavy-weight tablecloth belonged to my grandmother, and was given to me by my mom. For years, I believed it was a piece of vintage fabric. It wasn't until I looked more closely and saw the "Harmony House" signature that I realized it might be a tablecloth. Click on photo below for a close-up of the signature and the lovely pink and yellow carnations:


Harmony House Vintage Tablecloth
"In 1940, Sears introduced the Harmony House brand as an interior-decorating scheme that used four basic colors that could be coordinated with each other..." Read more about it in the Sears Archives.




Apples on Vintage Tablecloth

Apples on Vintage Tablecloth

The reds and pinks of the apples (or are they plums?) are still vibrant on this light-weight cotton tablecloth. I like how the fruit arches over the corners of the cloth.





Vintage Tablecloth Yellow Grey with Wheat

Vintage Tablecloth Yellow Grey with Wheat

The cheery yellow squares and stylized wheat save this crisp, mid-weight vintage tablecloth from reminding diners of a rainy day.






Vintage Tablecloth Yellow Grey with Red Flowers

Vintage Tablecloth Yellow Grey with Red Flowers

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, but I love the leafy vine borders dividing the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment