Thursday, August 5, 2010

Checkered Past

The majority of my vintage tablecloths don't have tags. Is it a Wilendur? A Simtex or Startex? I have no idea. There are reputable sites that have helped me identify a few of my cloths: The Tablecloth Lovers Club, The Vintage Table, Sharon's Antiques, The Little Round Table, and more.

Today's featured tablecloths have both a checkered past and a checkered design -- I hope you enjoy!




Chartreuse Checked Vintage Tablecloth Pink Roses
Gorgeous pink roses and olive-coloured leaves and border, with chartreuse and white (Harlequin) checks in the centre. This is a very heavy cotton, perhaps a blend, in excellent condition.




Yellow Checked Vintage Tablecloth with Daisies
A cheerful, yellow-checked tablecloth, littered with large daisies.




Floral Brown Checked Vintage Tablecloth
A far more somber tablecloth with tiny, brown checks bordering brown and white roses (hmm ... or are they peonies?), daisies and dogwood.

2 comments:

  1. They are all lovely, but isn't it funny how you get different vibes from different patterns? I think the top one very picnicky, the middle one very summer/partyish, and the bottom one for more formal tea/dinner usage.... what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Karla. Each vintage tablecloth does provoke a certain feeling. For me, the second one, covered in daisies, is perfect for a picnic. The tablecloth in the first photo, I could see that one in a country cottage. That last one? I'm not all that crazy about it, so I'm having a hard time mentally placing it in a room.

    ReplyDelete