Saturday, September 25, 2010

Autumn Leaves


Just one week ago, the leaves were green, still clinging to branches. Today, many of the leaves gather along the roadside, swirling and dancing to the beat of the wind. I don't mind autumn -- it's fresh, crisp and colourful, but we all know what comes next: winter. And winter is a season I'm not too fond of. I've shoveled enough snow, bought enough over-stuffed jackets and boots, and battled enough icy patches. I'm kind of over it.

So while it may be time to pull out the fall-themed tablecloths, I'll continue to wear my sandals for a few days more while enjoying the last drops of warmth.



Fall Autumn Vintage Tablecloth
Fall Autumn Vintage Tablecloth
Fall Autumn Vintage Tablecloth
I have this mushroom and leaf-decorated vintage cloth with a burnt orange, and a lime border (which is hardly fall-like, at all). The 'bouquet' reminds me of a dried flower arrangement.



Fall Leaves Vintage Tablecloth
Fall Leaves Vintage Tablecloth
The scattered maple leaves on this vintage tablecloth look just like the leaves that have fallen onto my street.



Thanksgiving Autumn Fall Vintage Tablecloth
Thanksgiving Vintage Tablecloth
I have two of these gold, orange and brown vintage tablecloths. With their homey, fall motifs, they'd be perfect for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment