Friday, October 1, 2010

Hey, Hey, It's the Monkees

In the 60's, when I was 11 or 12, I was a huge Monkees fan -- I had their albums and never missed their silly, but fun television show. I loved all the band members, but liked Mike Nesmith best (must've been the hat). One Christmas, my sister and I found these scarves under the tree:

Monkees Memorabilia

Monkees Memorabilia
The scarves measure 27 X 28 inches, and one still has a sewn-in tag attached: Glamour Crepe / Hand Rolled / Water Repellent / Made in Japan.

Of course, as much as I adored the gift and the band, I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing the scarf. I am glad I kept them, though.

2 comments:

  1. What great keepsakes! I had a Monkees school loose leaf binder (do kids still use those??) and a vinyl pencil case with Davey Jones' picture on it. Wow. I thought he was so dreamy back then.(Didn't we all?) Goodness knows what ever happened to those items. But yes, I do remember them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A binder! Very cool. And yes, my daughter uses loose leaf binders.

    ReplyDelete