Sunday, July 4, 2010

Glass Bead Necklaces

Glass BeadsAbout ten years ago, I purchased two $5.00 bags of jewelry bits and bobs from a second-hand store. Stuffed inside were lots of costume and some vintage necklaces, brooches, earrings and bracelets. I bought them for my daughter, but after arriving home, I put some of the jewelry aside -- it looked just a bit too good for playing dress-up.

The turquoise necklace is about 21 inches long, strung with wedding cake glass beads -- very suitable name, don't you think? The other necklace, a multi-coloured number, is just 14 inches in length, a choker, and is made of hand-blown glass beads.

I should tell you that I don't have much information about all these things I own -- I'm armed with very little experience in or knowledge about vintage goodies. I just know what I like (though perhaps not enough to actually wear it). So ... if I identify something incorrectly, please let me know, as I'm always willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment