Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gold Rush

I decided to take photos of all my tablecloths, figuring it might take me a few hours. Two days later, and many moments spent regretting I'd ever taken on the task, I had a visual record of the 150 cloths in my collection. I tried taking pics of them on the table or hanging them outside, but that took far too long. Eventually, I found it was easiest just to lay them on the tiled floor in the front hall. My cat, Meeko, stayed with me throughout the whole ordeal, seeming to know that she wasn't to tread on the fabric (although she came very close):


Meeko Black Cat Vintage Tablecloth

I have two tablecloths with gold metallic paint. I can't imagine they'd survive laundering very well, as illustrated in this cloth that has just a shadow of the gold remaining on the flowers and borders (click on photo for closer inspection):


Gold Metallic Paint Turquoise Floral Vintage Tablecloth

Gold Metallic Paint Turquoise Floral Vintage Tablecloth

These sprays of pink carnations, below, include gold painted foliage and lines. As the cloth and gold paint are in excellent condition, I don't believe it's ever been washed:


Gold Metallic Paint Pink Carnation Vintage Tablecloth

Gold Metallic Paint Pink Carnation Vintage Tablecloth

I'll use these tablecloths for display, but never to eat upon -- it would be a shame to wash away their beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment