Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vintage 70's


Vintage Retro
I probably owned many things in the 1970's, yet these are the things I chose to keep. Amazing. I have no memory of owning the Happy Face blow up, the 'Love' ring or the necklace (click on photo to enlarge). I suppose I kept them because they didn't take up much storage space. I do remember getting the miniature playing cards, in my Christmas stocking, when I was about ten -- perfect for tiny hands. The red, white and blue suspenders belonged to a boyfriend, although I find it hard to believe I ever dated someone who wore them.


1970's Plastic Novelty Toy
My mom gave me the little yellow toy (this was long before video or computer games). With a shake of one's hand, the chain shifts, giving the woman a different silhouette each time. Hours of fun.


1970's Black Leather Platform Wedgies Shoes
Now, those platform wedgies (4") -- I loved them. At only 5 feet, I believed the designer gods had finally taken pity on me. In the mid-seventies, when I was sixteen, my dad bought the shoes for me from Master John on Yonge Street, in Toronto. They cost $75 -- a lot of money back then (and now, come to think of it). Thanks, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment